Sacred Heart Cathedral Parish, Broken Hill, NSW 2880

Home Newsletters etc Our People & Events Parish History - 1 Contact

Parish History - 1

Home

THE STORY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN BROKEN HILL 1883-1983

ONE HUNDRED YEARS

By E.F. WOODMAN

Chapter 1 - The Bishop Dunne Era




Certificate of Ordination of Bishop John Dunne in Albury 1883

First Synod for the Diocese of Wilcannia in Broken Hill 1890

Bishops and Clergy in front of the Convent for the dedication of Sacred Heart Cathedral, 1905

Back - Revs. T. O'Connell, P.P. (Hay). H. McGuinness (Broken Hill). Paul  Zundolovich (Wilcannia), W. Connelly (Broken Hill) J. O'Brien S.J. (Seven Hills, South Australia) M. Treacy (Deniliquin) Hon John Meagher K.C.S.G., M.L.C. (Bathurst) Rev. Monsignor Byrne V.O. (Adelaide) A. Killian B.A. (Bourke) J. Norton V.G. (Petersburg, S.A.) J. J. Hughes (Cobar) W. Tobin (Wentworth) P. Shore (Broken Hill)


Front – Right Rev. Drs. Higgins (Bishop of Ballarat, Victoria) Corbett (Sale, Victoria) Carr (Archbishop of Melbourne) J Dunne (Wilcannia) Kelly (Coadjutor-Archbishop of Sydney, New South Wales) Murray (Bishop Maitland, New South Wales) Gallagher (Bishop of Goulburn, New South Wales)



Installation completed of the Main Stained Glass Windows in 1911

Certificate for Silver Anniversary of Ordination of Bishop Dunne, 1912

Interior of Sacred Heart Cathedral in 1905

Dedication of Sacred Heart Cathedral in 1905

THE YEARS OF BISHOP JOHN DUNNE

Bishop John Dunne

17 August 1887

to

25 December 1916